Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.

If you don't have an account, apply for one now.

Vanilla 1.0.1 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorrocky
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2007

When constructing the pool , can the pool construction rod be extended , ( exposed for attachment of the themed rock structure ) and still be a water proof seal .

Rocky
    Happy Sculpting!
    Hi Rocky,

Could you please provide some further detail as to what you are looking to do - is it a concrete pool? Are you looking to build rocks inside the pool?

I believe that the answer to your question will be no - you will not be able to adequately seal any rebar exposed through the pool plaster. That being said I may not fully understand your question. If you would like to elaborate I will try to give you a longer response with a few possible options for you.

Cheers

coasalconcepts
    Steve Goodale
    Serendipity Pools & Artificial Rock
    www.Fake-Rock.ca
    www.ArtificialRock.ca
    604-421-8429
    1-888-267-0802
    • CommentAuthorrocky
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2007

Hi Steve
    I have resently had good chat with a rep for Cascade Aqua tech. They have an excelent line up of sealants and glues . One in particular that will adhere steel to un painted concrete . This would begin to resolve my question, refering to revealling the pool construction reinforcement rebar, so that I might connect the steel subsructure that I would use when I build artificial rock in side this pool and hot tub.
    Doesn't water proofing with products like Krystol Hydrostop by Kryton address leaking via exposed metal in the pool surface ?

Rocky
    Happy Sculpting!
    Yes, to some degree they do. Thank you for the information on sealants and glues. Basically, what you are describing is common practice for many pool and artificial rock builders. The problem is that no matter what you do, you will never form a perfect seal protecting the rebar from the chlorinated water.

When the rebar corrodes it will expand and crack the rock. It will certainly take a while, but this point will likely deteriorate faster than the rest of the pool and waterfall.

People do have rebar grids that are part of both the pool and rock structures, but ultimately these are leak points. I might recommend adding an automatic water leveller to this project. =)

It can be difficult to finish plaster around a shape like artificial rock when finishing the interior surface of the pool. What stage of the project are you in now, or was it simply a hypothetical question.

Cheers.

Steve Goodale
    Serendipity Pools & Artificial Rock
    http://www.Fake-Rock.ca
    http://www.ArtificialRock.ca
    604-421-8429
    1-888-267-0802